Lexzandra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lexzandra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lexzandra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lexzandra
- Comments and insights on the name Lexzandra: | Edit
It was an idea formed by combining X and Z. Pronounced : Lex Z Andra.
- Personal experiences with the name Lexzandra: | Edit
I named my daughter this.
- Nicknames for Lexzandra: | Edit
LexZ, and Lex
- Meanings and history of the name Lexzandra: | Edit
I just have an appreciation for X and Z and original ideas. Possibly a form of Alexandra.
Greek origin: "protector or helper of mankind"
21. April (Holy Patron: "Alexandra of Egypt"). Her story began with a young man who fell in love with her, although feeling was not mutual. One could say this is a problem but not for Alexandra. In order not to offend, she buried herself so that the lecherous young man wouldn't suffer, nor had the feeling of being rejected by her. And there she remained sealed from the human eye, with only a tiny window and occupied herself with spiritual reflection and prayer.
Feminine form of ALEXANDER. In Greek mythology this was a Mycenaean epithet of the goddess Hera, and an alternate name of Cassandra. It was borne by several early Christian saints, and also by the wife of Nicholas II, the last czar of Russia. She was from Germany and had the birth name Alix, but was renamed Александра (Aleksandra) upon joining the Russian Church.
- Famous real-life people named Lexzandra: | Edit
LEXZANDRA SAGE ZIMMERMAN : granddaughter of St. Louis pitching coach Dave Duncan, neice of MLB player Shelley Duncan, neice of Sportscaster and former MLB player Christopher Duncan : Daughter of Tiffany DeeAnn Duncan-Zimmerman an AWESOME Respiratory Therapist
- Lexzandra in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!