Liane Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leanne:
Modern name combining the names Lee (dweller by the wood or clearing) and Anne (gracious, full of grace). Alternatively, it is a variant spelling of Lianne (sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Liane? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Liane
Contribute your knowledge to the name Liane
- Comments and insights on the name Liane: | Edit
Liane is an English and French name.
- Personal experiences with the name Liane: | Edit
It is my middle name.
- Nicknames for Liane: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Liane: | Edit
In English this name means: Daughter of the sun. Diminutive of Eliana. Suitable only for girls.
In French this name means: Bond. Suitable only for girls.
- Famous real-life people named Liane: | Edit
actress Liane Balaban
- Liane in song, story & screen: | Edit
Liane Cartman, Eric Cartman’s Mom in South Park