Lilac Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lilac? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lilac
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lilac
- Comments and insights on the name Lilac: | Edit
Very feminine despite the unusual ending!
Calli and Lilac are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Lilac: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Lilac: | Edit
Lil, Lila, Lily
- Meanings and history of the name Lilac: | Edit
From the familiar flower; heard occasionally in Victorian times. The word "lilac" comes from the Arabic word "laylak" or the Persian word "nylac", both which mean "blue".
- Famous real-life people named Lilac: | Edit
Actor Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton on HBO T.V show,True Blood)has a daughter named Lilac.
- Lilac in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lilac, the protagonist's love interest from the science fiction novel "This Perfect Day"