Lilah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lila:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byon's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lilah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lilah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lilah
- Comments and insights on the name Lilah: | Edit
I have loved the name Lilah since forever! I just think it's so cute and lovely. I love Delilah also but I could never use it because of the bible reference, so Lilah is a great alternative!
- Personal experiences with the name Lilah: | Edit
My name is Lilah, but it's pronounced LEE-lah (like the name Lila, I suppose), but I've always gone by Lily since Lilah is pronounced wrong a lot like LIY-lah, which is just not my name.
Yes, the same with me. Lilah is short for Kaililah (kiy-LEE-lah) so it's pronounced like lila.
- Nicknames for Lilah: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lilah: | Edit
Meaning: Form of LILAC. Bluish
- Famous real-life people named Lilah: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Lilah in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lilah Morgan from "Angel"
"Lilah" song by Don Henley