Lilli Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lily:
Taken from the name of the plant having delicate, trumpet-shaped flowers regarded as a symbol of purity and perfection. The word is derived from the Middle English lilie, which is from the Old English and Latin lilium (lily). Alternatively, Lily is used as a pet form of both Lilian (lily) and Lilith (of the night).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lilli? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lilli
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lilli
- Comments and insights on the name Lilli: | Edit
Good middle names- Anne, Anabelle, Paige, Jane, Kay, and more
- Personal experiences with the name Lilli: | Edit
I had a friend named Lilli. She was from Sweden. Her brother's name was Nils.
- Nicknames for Lilli: | Edit
Lil, Silly Lilli, Lilli Of The Vally
- Meanings and history of the name Lilli: | Edit
The Italian version of Lily.
- Famous real-life people named Lilli: | Edit
Lilli Lehmann, opera singer
Lilli Palmer, Austrian actress and author (born Lilli Marie Peizer)
The Lilli doll was a German doll from the 1950s which was the inspiration for the American Barbie doll.
- Lilli in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!