Lolly Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Laura:
Derived from the Latin laurus (laurel, an evergreen shrub or tree whose leaves were woven into wreaths by the ancient Greeks to crown victors in various contests). Originally a Latin name, Laura came into use in England in the 19th century, and is now popularly bestowed throughout the English-speaking world.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lolly? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lolly
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lolly
- Comments and insights on the name Lolly: | Edit
This name is cute but it also fits females of every age.
- Personal experiences with the name Lolly: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Lolly: | Edit
Lol, Lo, L, Ly, Lyly
- Meanings and history of the name Lolly: | Edit
Old-time nickname for Laura, and occasionally for other "L" names.
- Famous real-life people named Lolly: | Edit
Lolly Adefope, British comedian and actress (full name Ololade)
- Lolly in song, story & screen: | Edit
Louella "Lolly" Quirk, character in the novel "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb