Luella Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Luella? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Luella
Contribute your knowledge to the name Luella
- Comments and insights on the name Luella: | Edit
Popular name in the United States from the late 19th to early 20th century.
Has a flapper/ jazz era feel to the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Luella: | Edit
This is my daughter's name. She is a pretty little thing and wears her name well. We are always complimented on how it is such a beautiful and feminine name.
- Nicknames for Luella: | Edit
Lulu, Lu, Lue, Ella, Uella (pronounced Wella), Luie, Lilly, Lille
- Meanings and history of the name Luella: | Edit
A derivative of Louis, it means famous elf or famous warrior.
Though sources show a different origin (Lu+ella), it is very similar to the Welsh male name Llewellyn.
- Famous real-life people named Luella: | Edit
Luella was a high end fashion label from England. Its designer's name is Luella Bartlett. She was the editor of British Vogue for many years.
- Luella in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Luella Miller" a gothic story and made into a film.
Llewella is a character in Zelazny's Amber series.