Lyra Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lyra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lyra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lyra
- Comments and insights on the name Lyra: | Edit
Arly and Lyra are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
We pronounce our Lyra's name LIE-ruh but many other people also pronounce it LEER-ruh.
- Personal experiences with the name Lyra: | Edit
My daughter's name is Lyra Bell.
- Nicknames for Lyra: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lyra: | Edit
Lyra is Greek for "lyre". Lyra, or "The Lyre" is the constellation which includes the star Vega.
- Famous real-life people named Lyra: | Edit
Lyra Robinson is one of the real-life twins featured on the Sesame Stret website "Sesame Family Robinson". Her twin sister is Ripley.
Lyra Cullum (b. 2011), daughter of English fashion model and author Sophie Dahl and English jazz-pop singer-songwriter Jamie Cullum
- Lyra in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lyra Belacqua (also known as Lyra Silvertongue), the heroine of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy