Maddy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Madeline:
French cognate of Magdalene (of Magdala, a town on the coast of the Sea of Galilee). Var: Madeline, Madelyn. Pet: Maddi, Maddie, Maddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maddy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maddy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maddy
- Comments and insights on the name Maddy: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Maddy: | Edit
My name is Madeline but everyone calls me Maddy. It's kind o annoying that its spelt with a y because people always spell my name like Maddi or Maddie because apparently thats the cool way to spell it. I don't mind though. I prefer it Maddy, it makes me different from everyone else
- Nicknames for Maddy: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Maddy: | Edit
A pet form of Madeline, Madison and related names.
- Famous real-life people named Maddy: | Edit
Folk singer Maddy Prior of Steeleye Span
- Maddy in song, story & screen: | Edit
Maddy Jayson from The Little House series