Madelaine: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Madelaine
Origin of the name Madeleine:
French cognate of Magdalene (of Magdala, a town on the coast of the Sea of Galilee). Var: Madeline, Madelyn. Pet: Maddi, Maddie, Maddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Madelaine? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Madelaine
- Comments and insights on the name Madelaine: | Edit
Madelaine appears to be a spelling variant of Madeleine, both words of french origin
- Personal experiences with the name Madelaine: | Edit
It's my name
- Nicknames for Madelaine: | Edit
Laine, Lainie, Lainey, Ellie, Nell, Nellie, Elle, Maddie, maddy, MADD, mads, made
- Meanings and history of the name Madelaine: | Edit
origin "Mary Magdalene"
- Famous real-life people named Madelaine: | Edit
Madelaine West Duchovny, daughter of David Duchovy and Tea Leoni
Madelaine Hasson, Willa Monday in the finder
- Madelaine in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!