Madisen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Madison:
Transferred use of the surname meaning "Mad's son." Mad was a common pet form of Matthew (gift of God) during the Middle Ages. Madison may also be a matronymic derived from the name Maud, an old pet form of Mathilda (battle mighty): hence, "son of Maud."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Madisen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Madisen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Madisen
- Comments and insights on the name Madisen: | Edit
I think this name is so adorable!
- Personal experiences with the name Madisen: | Edit
The one girl I know is funny, beautiful, spunky, independent and determined. Her best quality is finding a silver lining in every situation.
- Nicknames for Madisen: | Edit
Madi, Madz, MadMad
- Meanings and history of the name Madisen: | Edit
Madisen - derived from Madison, which means "Strength in battle". The letter "o" in son means...son of...the letter "e" is usually feminine in many languages.
- Famous real-life people named Madisen: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Madisen in song, story & screen: | Edit
There is a band in Canada named "Madisen", www.madisenmusic.com