Madisyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Madison:
Transferred use of the surname meaning "Mad's son." Mad was a common pet form of Matthew (gift of God) during the Middle Ages. Madison may also be a matronymic derived from the name Maud, an old pet form of Mathilda (battle mighty): hence, "son of Maud."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Madisyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Madisyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Madisyn
- Comments and insights on the name Madisyn
- Personal experiences with the name Madisyn
- Nicknames for Madisyn
- Meanings and history of the name Madisyn
- Famous real-life people named Madisyn
Madisyn Shipman, American Nickelodeon TV Star
- Madisyn in song, story & screen