Maevyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maeve:
Anglicized form of Meadhbh, a name of uncertain meaning.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maevyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maevyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maevyn
- Comments and insights on the name Maevyn: | Edit
Unique. Plenty of nickname options.
- Personal experiences with the name Maevyn: | Edit
My daughter's name. I don't personally know anyone else with this name.
- Nicknames for Maevyn: | Edit
Maev, Maeve, Maevy, Mae, Vynni, MaeMae
- Meanings and history of the name Maevyn: | Edit
The origin of the name Maeve is Irish. Translated from the Gaelic, Maeve means "she who intoxicates."In Irish legend Maeve was the name of a warrior queen of Connacht (the western province of Ireland) who organized the death of the hero Cúchulainn.
Also Maven: (Hebrew) One who understands.
- Famous real-life people named Maevyn: | Edit
Tracy Morgan's daughter, Maven
- Maevyn in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!