Magnolia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Magnolia
Origin of the name Magnolia:
Taken from the name of the trees or shrubs of the magnolia family which bear large, fragrant flowers.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Magnolia? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Magnolia
- Comments and insights on the name Magnolia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Magnolia: | Edit
This is our baby's name. I was admittedly a little hesitant, but ultimately, we love it. The name fits her perfectly, and I can't think of a better name for our little Magnolia Jane!
- Nicknames for Magnolia: | Edit
Lia, Maggie, Meg, Nola, Nolie, Noa, Olie
- Meanings and history of the name Magnolia: | Edit
The flower Magnolia was named after French botanist Pierre Magnol.
- Famous real-life people named Magnolia: | Edit
Magnolia Moon Catherwood, daughter of actress Bianca Kajlich
- Magnolia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Magnolia Breeland, character on Hart of Dixie
Sugar Magnolia-song by Grateful Dead