Mahala: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Mahala
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mahala? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mahala
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mahala
- Comments and insights on the name Mahala: | Edit
Some sources claim it is a Native American word meaning "woman", this is incorrect. The name was popular with Native Americans in the 1800's, possible as a native variant on the name Mary.
- Personal experiences with the name Mahala: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Mahala: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Mahala: | Edit
Mahala means "tenderness" in Hebrew, and is a form of Mahalah or Mahlah, found in the Old Testament as one of the five daughters of Zelophehad in the Book of Numbers. It was often used in colonial New England.
- Famous real-life people named Mahala: | Edit
Mahala Douglas, Titanic survivor
Mahala Fisk Pillsbury, First Lady of Minnesota
- Mahala in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mahala Rai Banda, Romanian gypsy band
"Mahala", song by Darrell Scott