Malena Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Madeleine:
French cognate of Magdalene (of Magdala, a town on the coast of the Sea of Galilee). Var: Madeline, Madelyn. Pet: Maddi, Maddie, Maddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Malena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Malena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Malena
- Comments and insights on the name Malena: | Edit
Malena is a nickname for Magdalena as well as for the combination name Maria Elena.
- Personal experiences with the name Malena: | Edit
My husband and I named our daughter Malena
- Nicknames for Malena: | Edit
L, M, Lili, Lea, Mal, Len, Lee, May, Mae, Lee, May, Mae, Mals, Lena, Malia, Mally, Nena, Lenny, Mallie, Malea, Malley, Lennie, M. Lee, M. Lena, May Lee, May Lee, May-Lea, Mae-Lea, May-Lena, Mae-Lena, May-Leigha & Mae-Leigha
- Meanings and history of the name Malena: | Edit
'little one' and also 'woman from Magdala'
- Famous real-life people named Malena: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Malena in song, story & screen: | Edit
Movie 'Malena' in 2000 starring Monica Belluci