Malise Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Malise? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Malise
Contribute your knowledge to the name Malise
- Comments and insights on the name Malise: | Edit
Pronounced muh-LEES - NOT correct! My name and all the other Malise people I know would rhyme their name with valise (French for suitcase). // Meaning is friend or servant of Jesus and its origin is Viking (ie Norwegian). // The first of my ancestors with the name was Jarl (=Earl) of Strathearne in Scotland (Prince William presently has the dignity) and there have been several since - presently in Britain there are both girls and boys with the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Malise: | Edit
A number of people muddle it with MELISSA otherwise no particular anecdotes.
- Nicknames for Malise: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Malise: | Edit
A Gaelic name, meaning "servant of Jesus"
- Famous real-life people named Malise: | Edit
Malise Ruthven, Anglo-Irish academic and writer
- Malise in song, story & screen: | Edit
Character in book "A Hill in Korea" - an african tracker.