Malysa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melissa:
Derived from the Greek melissa (a bee). The 16th century Italian poet Ariosto used the name for the good fairy who protected Bradamante and helped Ruggero escape from Atlante upon the hippogriff in the poem Orlando Furioso.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Malysa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Malysa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Malysa
- Comments and insights on the name Malysa: | Edit
Melissa is such a commons spelling that this gives another option
- Personal experiences with the name Malysa: | Edit
it is my own
- Nicknames for Malysa: | Edit
Lys, Lyssa, the occsional mal
- Meanings and history of the name Malysa: | Edit
In Greek, Melissa means Honey Bee
- Famous real-life people named Malysa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Malysa in song, story & screen: | Edit
"sweet Melissa" by the alman brothers...