Mareisa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marissa:
Modern elaboration of Maria, formed by adding the suffix -isa, -issa, as in such names as Louisa (light) and Clarissa (famous, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mareisa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mareisa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mareisa
- Comments and insights on the name Mareisa: | Edit
I have a friend named Mareisa and it is basically just another way to spell Marissa (mar-ee-sa)
- Personal experiences with the name Mareisa: | Edit
well, my bff is named Mareisa and she is super nice yet a tinge bossy, or i guess you could say she is a kind leader!
- Nicknames for Mareisa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Mareisa: | Edit
Latin and American meaning is "of the sea". Originated as a Hebrew name meaning "wished for child".
- Famous real-life people named Mareisa: | Edit
- Mareisa in song, story & screen: | Edit
no i don't believe it is in any song story or screen or book. :,(