Mariko Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mariko? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mariko
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mariko
- Comments and insights on the name Mariko: | Edit
Mariko is a Japanese name. In many baby name books, it is described as "ball child", but this is not correct most of the time. In Japanese names, meanings widely depends on what kanji (Chinese characters) are used.
The commom meanings of "Mariko" are "the truth" or "ten thousand miles".
Ending with a 'ko' is very common for girls in Japan.
- Personal experiences with the name Mariko: | Edit
Mariko is my name.
- Nicknames for Mariko: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Mariko: | Edit
万里子=ten thousand miles
万梨子-ten thousand pears
- Famous real-life people named Mariko: | Edit
Mariko "Mari" Takahashi, YouTuber and part of the Smosh group
- Mariko in song, story & screen: | Edit
From the book "Shogun"
Main character in Renee Ahdieh's young adult historical fantasy "Flame in the Mist."