Marley Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marley? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marley
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marley
- Comments and insights on the name Marley: | Edit
I really love this name for girls. It's adorable. And I much prefere this spelling compared to Marli or Marlie. I think that the ey at the end makes it more mature.
- Personal experiences with the name Marley: | Edit
Unfortunately right after my daughter Marley was born, the movie Marley & Me came out. Marley was already a popular dog name, but since is even MORE popular. Go back to Spot people! :P Still, I wouldn't change it.
- Nicknames for Marley: | Edit
Mar, Mars, Mar Mar, Marl, Marlz, Ley, Leyley
- Meanings and history of the name Marley: | Edit
From a surname, taken from a place name meaning "pleasant wood" in Old English.
English "from the lake meadow"
- Famous real-life people named Marley: | Edit
Bob Marley, Jamaican musician, singer-songwriter and Rastafarian.
Marley Shelton, American actress.
- Marley in song, story & screen: | Edit
A Labrador Retriever featured in the book "Marley & Me."
"Marley" by Kenny Chesney