Marlys Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marlys? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marlys
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marlys
- Comments and insights on the name Marlys: | Edit
My mom's name was Marlys. I think it's a gorgeous name. Unusual, but very sweet, yet sophisticated. Of course, I only think of my great mommy when I hear the name!
My name IS Marless, only spelled differently. My parents named me after both of them, not realizing it was an actual name. M-A-R from Marjorie. L-E-S-S from Lester. They found out several years later I had an older cousin named Marlis. I love having a name that is uniquelly me!
- Personal experiences with the name Marlys: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Marlys: | Edit
Mar, Marly, Mars
- Meanings and history of the name Marlys: | Edit
Form of Marla or English form of the German name Marlies
- Famous real-life people named Marlys: | Edit
Marlys Edwards, Canadian politician
Marlys Mallet, American artist
Marlys Pearson, American gay romantic novel writer
- Marlys in song, story & screen: | Edit
Marlys, adolescent girl cartoon character in the "Ernie Pook's Comeek" comic strip by Lynda Barry