Mayella: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Mayella
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mayella? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mayella
- Comments and insights on the name Mayella: | Edit
In To Kill a Mockingbird, Mayella was particularly nasty, so I'd suggest not cursing your daughter with this name.
Mayela is my name and I was named after a saint San Gerardo Mayela I am guessing maybe it was derived from this somehow? This is a Catholic saint for first born's, children and first time mothers. Mayella and Mayela have the same pronunciation (MA-YELL-AH) as far I as know, and I think it is a very unique and lovely name. Apart from how to kill a mocking bird.
- Personal experiences with the name Mayella: | Edit
I know a adorable, sweet little toddler named Mayelle.
- Nicknames for Mayella: | Edit
Ella, May, Ellie, Ell, Maye
- Meanings and history of the name Mayella: | Edit
Name created by Harper Lee for her book To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Famous real-life people named Mayella: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Mayella in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mayella Ewell, character in To Kill a Mockingbird.