Melody: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Melody
Origin of the name Melody:
Taken directly from melody (melody, song), from the Greek melōdia, which is derived from the elements melos (song) and aeidein (to sing).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melody? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melody
- Comments and insights on the name Melody: | Edit
It's very pretty and sweet.
- Personal experiences with the name Melody: | Edit
We named our daughter Melody, and almost everyone thinks her name is Melanie when they first hear it.
My mama's name is Melody and I just love it. It is so beautiful. Plus, it is young yet sophisticated. I love all the names her parent's chose. Paula Ann, Melody Lynn, Tonya Lee and Holly Renee.
- Nicknames for Melody: | Edit
Mel, Mellie, Lody, LoLo, Elle, Ellie, Ella, Mellow, Moldy
- Meanings and history of the name Melody: | Edit
A song, a tune. Greek origin from Melos.
- Famous real-life people named Melody: | Edit
melody. (jpop star)
Melody Thornton (the Pussycat Dolls)
- Melody in song, story & screen: | Edit
Melody (the little mermaid 2)
Melody (Josie & The Pussycats)
Melody Pond, Doctor Who character.