Mesila Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Mesila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mesila
- Comments and insights on the name Mesila: | Edit
I like that it is three simple syllables.
(And...Anagramatically, it reads as "A SMILE")
- Personal experiences with the name Mesila: | Edit
I chose Mesila as my name in later life having grown weary of being called "Laura". Mesila has an exotic slinkiness and also a feminine softness to it. I chose it for esoteric reasons.
- Nicknames for Mesila: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Mesila: | Edit
It derives from the Hebrew word M'sila which literally means "Elevated Highway" and in the figurative sense means "High Path".
M'sila is also the name of a province in Algeria.
- Famous real-life people named Mesila: | Edit
- Mesila in song, story & screen: | Edit
Aleister Crowley wrote extensive treatises about magickal experiences he had in the deserts of Algeria, especially M'sila, in 1909.