Mesila: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Mesila
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Mesila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mesila
- Comments and insights on the name Mesila: | Edit
I like that it is three simple syllables.
(And...Anagramatically, it reads as "A SMILE")
- Personal experiences with the name Mesila: | Edit
I chose Mesila as my name in later life having grown weary of being called "Laura". Mesila has an exotic slinkiness and also a feminine softness to it. I chose it for esoteric reasons.
- Nicknames for Mesila: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Mesila: | Edit
It derives from the Hebrew word M'sila which literally means "Elevated Highway" and in the figurative sense means "High Path".
M'sila is also the name of a province in Algeria.
- Famous real-life people named Mesila: | Edit
- Mesila in song, story & screen: | Edit
Aleister Crowley wrote extensive treatises about magickal experiences he had in the deserts of Algeria, especially M'sila, in 1909.