Mignon Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mignon? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mignon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mignon
- Comments and insights on the name Mignon: | Edit
How do you pronounce it?
Is it pronounced Meen-YOHN? (long O like in Otis)
While its meaning is pretty and there is an opera by the name, common associations with steak and batteries (fillet mignon; used as a term for AA size batteries in Europe) would keep me from using this name.
- Personal experiences with the name Mignon: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Mignon: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Mignon: | Edit
Means "cute" or "dainty" in French
- Famous real-life people named Mignon: | Edit
Mignon was the nickname of Queen Marie of Yugoslavia. She was always called by this name in the family.
- Mignon in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Mignon" is the title character in a French opera by Ambroise Thomas.