Milagros: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Milagros
Origin of the name Milagros:
Derived from the Spanish milagro (miracle, wonder). The name is bestowed in honor of the Virgin Mary, "Nuestra Señora de los Milagros" (Our Lady of Miracles).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Milagros? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Milagros
Contribute your knowledge to the name Milagros
- Comments and insights on the name Milagros: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Milagros: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Milagros: | Edit
Millie, Mily, Mili, Miluca, Mila
- Meanings and history of the name Milagros: | Edit
Milagros means "miracles" in Spanish.
- Famous real-life people named Milagros: | Edit
Milagros Cerrón, the "Peruvian Mermaid", who gained worldwide fame as a survivor of sirenomelia, or "mermaid syndrome" after successful surgery.
- Milagros in song, story & screen: | Edit
Venezuelan telenovela titled "Milagros".