Milagros: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Milagros
Origin of the name Milagros:
Derived from the Spanish milagro (miracle, wonder). The name is bestowed in honor of the Virgin Mary, "Nuestra Señora de los Milagros" (Our Lady of Miracles).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Milagros? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Milagros
- Comments and insights on the name Milagros: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Milagros: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Milagros: | Edit
Millie, Mily, Mili, Miluca, Mila
- Meanings and history of the name Milagros: | Edit
Milagros means "miracles" in Spanish.
- Famous real-life people named Milagros: | Edit
Milagros Cerrón, the "Peruvian Mermaid", who gained worldwide fame as a survivor of sirenomelia, or "mermaid syndrome" after successful surgery.
- Milagros in song, story & screen: | Edit
Venezuelan telenovela titled "Milagros".