Milana Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Milana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Milana
- Russian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Russia 2014
- Estonian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Estonia 2014
- Belarusian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belarus 2014
- Estonian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Estonia
- Russian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Russia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Milana
- Comments and insights on the name Milana: | Edit
Milan is both a city and a province in Italy; Milana brings to mind grace and sophistication reminicent of its inspiration.
- Personal experiences with the name Milana: | Edit
My friend's newborn sister is named Milana. (Her family is rather Italian.)
- Nicknames for Milana: | Edit
Mila, Millie, Lana, Lani
- Meanings and history of the name Milana: | Edit
Milana has quite a history! It has orgins in four different cultures: Czechoslovakian, Greek, Hawaiian, and Spanish. Its Czech meaning is "gracious, favored," and it is a pet form for "mil" names; its Greek meaning is "black"; its Hawaiian meaning is "beloved," from the Gaelic name Muirne; and its Spanish meaning is "miracle of the blessed virgin and light."
- Famous real-life people named Milana: | Edit
Milana Bakhaeva, Chechen journalist and author (pen name Milana Terloeva)
Milana Bogolepova, supermodel
Milana Keller, supermodel
Milana Oyenuga, supermodel
- Milana in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Milana," a Kannada film