Milena Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Milena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Milena
- German Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Germany
- Polish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Poland
- Armenian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Armenia
- Armenian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Armenia, 2010
- Bulgarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bulgaria 2010
- Polish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Poland 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Milena
- Comments and insights on the name Milena: | Edit
Pronounced like Elena with an M.
Ahh...its pronounce mee-lay-na or sometimes mee-lyeh-na --This is my name. Im Russian
- Personal experiences with the name Milena: | Edit
Milena is my name :) I go by Mila...Im from Russia but I know this name is popular in many other parts of the world.
My sister is called Milena (pronounced mee-leh-na). It's a lovely name, everyone says it's beautiful. We use to call her Mile (mee-lee).
- Nicknames for Milena: | Edit
Mila, Milya, Milika, Milenka, Milka, Lena, Lenka, Leni
- Meanings and history of the name Milena: | Edit
From Old Slavonic. Feminine form of Milan. Milena has many meanings: "gracious", "black", and "beloved" are a few of them. It can also be a nickname for names ending in -mila, such as Ludmilla. The Serbian form of the name is Mileva.
- Famous real-life people named Milena: | Edit
Milena, Queen of Montenegro
Milena/Mileva Maric, scientist and first wife of Albert Einstein
Milena Jesenská, Czech journalist and author
Milena Vukotic, Italian actress
Milena Preradovic, German journalist and television personality
Milena Moser, Swiss author
Milena (Mila) Kunis, Ukrainian/American Actress
- Milena in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!