Mimmi: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Mimmi
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Mimmi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mimmi
- Comments and insights on the name Mimmi: | Edit
Pronounced as MIHm-iy, NOT "me-me"
Possible nicknames are: Mim, Mims, Mimsey, Mish-Mish
- Personal experiences with the name Mimmi: | Edit
This is my mum's name and I absolutely adore it!
It is unusual but very sweet.
Only thing is people tend to call her me-me, and it has happened so many times now that she doesn't even bother correcting people anymore!
I would definitely use it for one of my children if it wasn't for the fact that Jewish people do not name their children after the living, and I am hoping my mum has PLENTY more years to come! So I will just have to make do with it as a middle name :(
- Nicknames for Mimmi: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Mimmi: | Edit
(Hebrew) rebelliousness, wished-for child, swell, sea of bitterness (Egyptian) beloved of Amun
- Famous real-life people named Mimmi: | Edit
Mimi Rogers (actress)
- Mimmi in song, story & screen: | Edit
The tragic heroine of Puccini's famous opera "La Bohème" is named Mimi.