Mimmi: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Mimmi
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mimmi
- Comments and insights on the name Mimmi: | Edit
Pronounced as MIHm-iy, NOT "me-me"
Possible nicknames are: Mim, Mims, Mimsey, Mish-Mish
- Personal experiences with the name Mimmi: | Edit
This is my mum's name and I absolutely adore it!
It is unusual but very sweet.
Only thing is people tend to call her me-me, and it has happened so many times now that she doesn't even bother correcting people anymore!
I would definitely use it for one of my children if it wasn't for the fact that Jewish people do not name their children after the living, and I am hoping my mum has PLENTY more years to come! So I will just have to make do with it as a middle name :(
- Nicknames for Mimmi: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Mimmi: | Edit
(Hebrew) rebelliousness, wished-for child, swell, sea of bitterness (Egyptian) beloved of Amun
- Famous real-life people named Mimmi: | Edit
Mimi Rogers (actress)
- Mimmi in song, story & screen: | Edit
The tragic heroine of Puccini's famous opera "La Bohème" is named Mimi.