Monna Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Monna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Monna
- Comments and insights on the name Monna: | Edit
Monna is not a misspelling of Mona -- and is pronounced differently as well. Mon-nah not Moe-nah.
- Personal experiences with the name Monna: | Edit
I've spent my entire life correcting people on the pronounciation of my name (very frustrating as a child, but now it's a conversation starter that I appreciate). I usually help people out by saying, "It's like Donna, but with an M." That typically clears up any questions.
- Nicknames for Monna: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Monna: | Edit
My mother named me after an elderly great-aunt who was Irish, so she has always claimed it to be Irish in origin. I also think that it could mean 'my lady' in French and Italian with reference to the Monna Lisa (where Monna is the shortened version of madonna as opposed to being spelled Mona in English).
- Famous real-life people named Monna: | Edit
- Monna in song, story & screen: | Edit
Monna Vanna (play and opera)