Monterey: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Monterey
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Monterey
- Comments and insights on the name Monterey: | Edit
I wanted to name my daughter this, but it didn't fit so well with our surname. I think it sounds exotic and mysterious. Now that she is in her 30s, I know it would have been a good name for her.
Monterey is a city in California, perhaps best known as the location of the annual Monterey Jazz Festival which started in 1958. Well that and it's namesake cheese... Monterey Jack.
- Personal experiences with the name Monterey: | Edit
This is the name of a place in Lousiana.
My husband and I met in Monterey, CA and we are considering using it as our child's middle name.
- Nicknames for Monterey: | Edit
Moni, Monte (male), Mimi
- Meanings and history of the name Monterey: | Edit
Monterey is an alternate spelling of Monterrei/Monterrey, which means "king's mountain."
- Famous real-life people named Monterey: | Edit
Gaspar de Zúñiga, 5th Count of Monterrey, Spanish nobleman and ninth viceroy of New Spain from 1595 - 1606. Monterey Bay, California and Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico were both named in his honor.
- Monterey in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!