Nadia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Nadia
Origin of the name Nadia:
French form of the Russian Nadya, a pet form of Nadezhda, which is directly derived from the word meaning "hope." The name was introduced to France early in the 20th century when the Ballet Ruse was established in Paris.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nadia? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nadia
- Comments and insights on the name Nadia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Nadia: | Edit
My name is Nadia and i find that people mispronounce my name many times. They say NAY-DIA instead of NA-DIA
- Nicknames for Nadia: | Edit
Nad, Nadi, Nadi-Party, NahNah.,Dia,Nads
- Meanings and history of the name Nadia: | Edit
The name means Hope.
- Famous real-life people named Nadia: | Edit
Nadia Comaneci, Olympic gymnast
Nadia Behette, 2003 Miss New York
Nadia Centoni, 2008 Olympic athlete,Volleyball
Nadia Cortassa, 2008 Olympic athlete,Triathlon
Nadia Ali, Electronica Vocalist
- Nadia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Nadia Turner,American Idol finalist,season 4
Nadia, American Pie 1 and 2
Nadia, the real name of Marle, from the video game Chrono Trigger.