Nadya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nadia:
French form of the Russian Nadya, a pet form of Nadezhda, which is directly derived from the word meaning "hope." The name was introduced to France early in the 20th century when the Ballet Ruse was established in Paris.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nadya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nadya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nadya
- Comments and insights on the name Nadya
Aydan, Nadya and Dayna are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Nadya
- Nicknames for Nadya
- Meanings and history of the name Nadya
- Famous real-life people named Nadya
1) Nadya S. Rey - Indian Girl
2) Nadia Commenaci - Romanian Gymnast
3) Nadya - Russian Actress
- Nadya in song, story & screen