Narelle Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Narelle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Narelle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Narelle
- Comments and insights on the name Narelle: | Edit
A well-known invented but mainstream Australian girl's name which was popular in the 1960s-70s.
One of a very few truly homegrown Australian names.
- Personal experiences with the name Narelle: | Edit
Younger sister of an early school friend, born 1975.
Friend of my best friend, born c. 1965?
Know a few as friends of my older sister - born c1970.
My name, born 1983
- Nicknames for Narelle: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Narelle: | Edit
Possibly derived from indigenous (Aboriginal)name - probably Anglicised.
From Aborignal word meaning 'little river'
Narellan, New South Wales
- Famous real-life people named Narelle: | Edit
Australian Soprano Marie Narelle b. 1870
Queen Narelle of the Moruya tribe of Aborigines, NSW South Coast circa late 19th Century
Australian Photographer Narelle Autio b. 1969
Tropical Cyclone Narelle - category 4, January 2013
NZ Journalist Narelle Henson b.1988
Australian Pilot Narelle Cooper b. 1968
- Narelle in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!