Natalija Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Natalie:
From the Latin Natalia, a name derived from diēs nātālis (natal day, Christmas), which was originally given to children born on Christmas Day.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Natalija? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Natalija
Contribute your knowledge to the name Natalija
- Comments and insights on the name Natalija: | Edit
According to the SSA's list of names beyond the top 1000, Natalija first appears in 1991. It has only been used 103 times since then. It's most popular year was in 2009, with 15 girls were given the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Natalija: | Edit
My great grandmother's middle name, and my daughter's first name.
- Nicknames for Natalija: | Edit
Full name is pronounced like Nuh-tall-yuh. Common nicknames are Nat, Nattie, Talija and Tally.
- Meanings and history of the name Natalija: | Edit
Slovenian form of the French name, Natalie. Means "Born on Christmas"
- Famous real-life people named Natalija: | Edit
- Natalija in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!