Nea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Linnea:
Popular name originally bestowed in honor of the Swedish botanist Karl von Linné (1707 - 78), who gave his name to the Linnaean system of classifying plants and animals and to a type of flower (linnaea).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nea
- Comments and insights on the name Nea: | Edit
Ane, Ena and Nea are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Nea: | Edit
Nickname of Nerea
- Nicknames for Nea: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Nea: | Edit
Short form of Linnéa, now used as a given name in Finland and Sweden.
- Famous real-life people named Nea: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nea in song, story & screen: | Edit
Eija Kantola - Nea (A song)