Nico Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nicole:
A feminine form of Nicolas, which is from the Greek Nikolaos, a compound name composed of the elements nikē (victory) and laos (the people): hence, "victory of the people."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nico? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nico
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nico
- Comments and insights on the name Nico: | Edit
Diminutive of the familiar, Nicole.
- Personal experiences with the name Nico: | Edit
In Italian, diminutive of the name Nicoletta
- Nicknames for Nico: | Edit
Nick, Nicky, Nikki, Nicki
- Meanings and history of the name Nico: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Nico: | Edit
Nico, German singer, lyricist, composer, musician, fashion model, and actress, who rose to fame as a Warhol Superstar in the 1960s.
- Nico in song, story & screen: | Edit
Nico Minoru-A Marvel teen superhero from the Runaways
Nico Yazawa, a character from the game Love Live