Nicola: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Nicola
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nicola? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nicola
- Comments and insights on the name Nicola: | Edit
more common in Great Britain. There seems to be a variety of ways to pronounce it.
Actually there is only one way to pronounce it in the UK - like nickah-lah in an american accent I guess.
I agree, there is only one correct pronounciation "nic-ah-la." My name is Nicola, and I often get called "Nicole-a," which drives me mad.
- Personal experiences with the name Nicola: | Edit
My Name is Nicola..Ofcourse I would of preffered a more unique or Modern name but I do love my name, I think it is verry soft and gentle. I always get called Nicky
- Nicknames for Nicola: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Nicola: | Edit
From the Greek meaning 'victory for the people'
A popular name in Italy.
- Famous real-life people named Nicola: | Edit
Nicola Pagett - English actress, star of "Upstairs Downstairs" and the BBC production of "Anna Karenina"
Nico Blue Hoon - daughter of singer for Blind Melon, Shannon Hoon.
Nicola Roberts - Member of English girlband Girls Aloud
- Nicola in song, story & screen: | Edit
Nico is Blind Melon's 3rd album.
Global Popularity of the Name Nicola
- #154 in Scotland
- #362 in Canada (British Columbia)