Noa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Noa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Noa
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2014
- Israeli Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in Israel 2014
- Japanese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Japan
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium, 2008
- Dutch Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in The Netherlands, 2010
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain, 2010
- Israeli Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in Israel, 2008
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2012
- Dutch Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in The Netherlands 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2012
- Catalonian Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in Catalonia 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain (Basque County)
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain
- Dutch Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in The Netherlands
- Catalonian Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in Catalonia
- Israeli Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in Israel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Noa
- Comments and insights on the name Noa: | Edit
I absolutely love the name Noa for a girl. I think it's got a lovely sound and people might be skeptical because the male Noah is very famous in the bible- but Noa is also an original female name in the bible (one of zalephaheds daughters) who managed to change views during that time. I assume that a girl names Noa would be confident, beautiful, intelligent and outspoken. Love it!
Noa wears well nearly anywhere. Noa recently ranked #56 in Belgium, #40 in Spain and #12 in the Netherlands. And in Israel? She’s held the #1 spot since 2005.
This name doesn't appeal to me at all.
Me neither I dont like the name Noa it sounds like Moa.
Noa is a terrible name, and I feel bad for the girls who were abused by their parents by giving them this name.
- Personal experiences with the name Noa: | Edit
My friends name is Noa, she is talkative and very funny
My name is Noa. I'm 12 and I absolutely HEART my name! It's so unique and uncommon to see a girl named Noa. This name fits perfectly for a tomboy type of girl like me too. Since very few girls are named Noa, It's a very slight chance that your child will be mixed up with another girl. People describe me as outgoing, talented, funny, popular, and chill. Noa is a unique girl name that no other girls really have in America.
^^Get over yourself. You're the quintessential spoiled white girl who tries to come across as a tomboy to seemcool.
^^ A) She's literally 12 and you're picking on her? Mature. B) I imagine you're the same person knocking confident women all across this website (and I'm going to comment whenever I see it because, come on. and C) how do you know she's white? What a weird thing to assume.
- Nicknames for Noa: | Edit
N, Nay, Noey, Nacho, Noodles,
- Meanings and history of the name Noa: | Edit
Noa is not the female version of the name Noah, and they are pronounced differently in Hebrew. Noa was one of the five daughters of the biblical figure Zelophehad, who died without leaving a male heir. Noa and her sisters fought for - and won - the right to inherit his property. She and her sisters are among the most influential and revered women in the Bible as a result of their actions standing up for what they believed was right (Numbers 27 and on), challenging even Moses on his interpretation of the law and then prevailing. It also means "movement" in Hebrew.
Noa is also claimed as a Japanese name, loosely translated as “my love."
The Urban Dictionary says that girls with this name are,
'A gorgeous, kind girl with amazing eyes and a nice ass. Funny, sensitive, sweet, caring, smart. That girl is awesome- she's such a Noa! '
' A "Noa" is an Israeli girl who is originally from America. A Noa is a girl who is smart and knowledgeable. She gets along well with everyone and people love her. When people see her they tend to look at her for her beauty is breathtaking.
Noa means "from love" in Japanese, and is a popular Hawaiian name meaning Free/Freedom.
Aliza: "I met beautiful israeli girl names Noa yesterday"
Yaeli: "Shes not Israeli, shes American"
Yeea: "Shes both"
Ilan: "I met her too, she seemed very smart" '
- Famous real-life people named Noa: | Edit
Noa Tishby is an Israeli actress, model and singer, currently residing in Los Angeles, California.
Dr Noa Kean from "code black"
Noa Birinci (born 2015) Turkish YouTube channel “Bizim Aile”s litlle daughter
- Noa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Noa, a character from Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
Noa, a character from the anime Kiba
Noa, a protagonist in the video game Legend of Legaia.