Nuria Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nuria? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nuria
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain, 2010
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nuria
- Comments and insights on the name Nuria: | Edit
Spanish. common in spain. has an accent on the I
I have to disagree with the reader above; I have always heard it pronounced with the accent on the u in both Spanish and Catalan (in Catalan there's even an accent mark: Núria).
Yes, the second person is right. Nuria is my name so I can assure you it is pronounced with the stress on the first syllable (NOO-ree-ah); and yes, in Catalan they use accent mark, but in Spanish it would be a grammatical mistake.
- Personal experiences with the name Nuria: | Edit
my daughter's middle name (luce nuria)
That's my name ;)
- Nicknames for Nuria: | Edit
Nuri (that's how everyone usually calls me), and also Nur.
- Meanings and history of the name Nuria: | Edit
brilliant, shining. I believe it comes from Arabic and is also an Arabic name (or possibly a version of the Arabic name Noor)
- Famous real-life people named Nuria: | Edit
- Nuria in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!