Nyssa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nyssa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nyssa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nyssa
- Comments and insights on the name Nyssa: | Edit
From research we have done, it is a Greek name.
- Personal experiences with the name Nyssa: | Edit
It is my name.
- Nicknames for Nyssa: | Edit
Nini, Neener, Ninu, or NeenerEenerOner
- Meanings and history of the name Nyssa: | Edit
From Hebrew Nissa, "to test" or Greek Nysa "goal or ambition". Nysa is a mountainous region of Greek mythology.
Possibly Scandinavian, meaning friends of faeries and elves.
Genus of North American woodland tree, commonly known as tupelos and pepperidge trees.
My parents reverse-engineered the meaning "miracle" for Nyssa, from the Hebrew word "nes"
- Famous real-life people named Nyssa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nyssa in song, story & screen: | Edit
nyssa al ghul- from the movie blade