Nyssa: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Nyssa
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nyssa? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nyssa
- Comments and insights on the name Nyssa: | Edit
From research we have done, it is a Greek name.
- Personal experiences with the name Nyssa: | Edit
It is my youngest sister's name
It is my name.
- Nicknames for Nyssa: | Edit
Nini, Neener, Ninu, or NeenerEenerOner
- Meanings and history of the name Nyssa: | Edit
From Hebrew Nissa, "to test" or Greek Nysa "goal or ambition". Nysa is a mountainous region of Greek mythology.
Possibly Scandanavian, meaning elf.
Genus of North American woodland tree, commonly known as tupelos and pepperidge trees.
My parents reverse-engineered the meaning "miracle" for Nyssa, from the Hebrew word "nes"
- Famous real-life people named Nyssa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nyssa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Nyssa of Traaken was the Lady of Time in the science fiction Dr. Who novels. She appears as one of the Doctor's companions in the TV series.
Nyssa Raatko is a Batman villain.