Oana Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Oana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Oana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Oana
- Comments and insights on the name Oana: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Oana: | Edit
my name is Oana, and I actually love my name. it is pretty common in my country but when I think about it is so unique for me. I don't like when people mistake pronouncing my name to Ioana or Ana, couse I don't like that, or if I have to tell my name to a foreigner it will be a hard thing to do because of pronounce oana(wanna)
- Nicknames for Oana: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Oana: | Edit
Hebrew origin - Channah, meaning favourite grace
In Christian tradition this name is celebrated at the same time with the Christian name Ion (name day) as being derived from Ioana (Joanna).
- Famous real-life people named Oana: | Edit
Oana Pellea, Romanian actress
Oana Sarbu, Romania actress and singer
Oana Lungescu, Romanian journalist who is the NATO Spokesperson.
Oana Ban, Romania Olympic gold medalist in gymnastics.
- Oana in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!