Oasis Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Oasis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Oasis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Oasis
- Comments and insights on the name Oasis: | Edit
Oasis in English is the green grassland with water and trees in a desert which anyone will pursue or long for. It means beautiful land or garden.
- Personal experiences with the name Oasis: | Edit
I love this name and it is also the translation of my Chinese’s name. It seems that it is usually used in the UK. Once you hear the name, you see the hope.
- Nicknames for Oasis: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Oasis: | Edit
Oasis means rich,comfortable, pleasant and hope. Oasis (n.) 1610s, from French oasis (18c.) and directly from Late Latin oasis, from Greek oasis, probably from Hamitic (compare Coptic wahe, ouahe "oasis," properly "dwelling place," from ouih "dwell"). The same Egyptian source produced Arabic wahah.
- Famous real-life people named Oasis: | Edit
There was a famous British band named Oasis.
- Oasis in song, story & screen: | Edit
Oasis is also a famous brand of a British woman's wear.