Odessa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Odessa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Odessa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Odessa
- Comments and insights on the name Odessa: | Edit
Form of Odysseus
Pronounced (o DEH sah)
- Personal experiences with the name Odessa: | Edit
Odessa Is a town in the United states. There is one in Texas which was named after the port in Ukraine by the immigrants who had just moved from there. There is also an Odessa, Wa.
My daughter's name is Odessa Danielle. She is 2 years old, we call her Dessa for short. Everyone loves her name.
- Nicknames for Odessa: | Edit
Dessie, Dessa, Odie, Essie, Essa, Dess, Ode, Otis
- Meanings and history of the name Odessa: | Edit
Feminine form of Odysseus (M), therefore meaning odyssey.
the Greeks borrowed the word Odessa came from, meaning "marine"
Ukrainian meaning place name
Greek meaning full of wrath
- Famous real-life people named Odessa: | Edit
Odessa Whitmyer, Fashion Designer, At Some odd Rubies.
- Odessa in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!