Oona: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Oona | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Oona? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Oona
- Comments and insights on the name Oona: | Edit
According to Freakonomics, Oona is one of the most high-end names, meaning it is mostly chosen by parents of a high socio-economic status.
- Personal experiences with the name Oona: | Edit
Oona's are very creatieve & sweet persons.
- Nicknames for Oona: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Oona: | Edit
This is the phonetic spelling of the name Una, meaning "lamb" in Gaelic, "one, universal" in Latin, and "happy" in Icelandic. It is used in many countries, including England, Ireland, Bosnia, Latvia, Serbia, Japan, and Iceland. Oona is also used in Finland, but unlike in most countries the o's are not pronounced like they are in the word 'moon' but like in the word 'door'.
- Famous real-life people named Oona: | Edit
Oona Garthwaite, American singer-songwriter
Oona Hart, American model and actress
- Oona in song, story & screen: | Edit
Oona the fairy in the film "Legend,"
Oona O'Leary the lead character in the film "TiMER."