Osa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Osa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Osa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Osa
- Comments and insights on the name Osa: | Edit
It appears as a Danish girls name but also as a Chinese boys name. In the US, it reached its height of popularity in 1904 mostly in the South.
- Personal experiences with the name Osa: | Edit
My husband's great grandmother's name was Osa May (sometimes spelled Oca) and she was born in Oregon in 1895.
I know a very sweet 13 year old girl named Osa. She was born in 1996
- Nicknames for Osa: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Osa: | Edit
Osa also appears in the African Bini language where it means "Godlike" (also spelled Ossa).
- Famous real-life people named Osa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Osa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Spaghetti Western String Company has a song called "Osa's" off of their Lull and Clatter album.