Payton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Payton:
Transferred use of the English surname, which is from the place-name Payton in Devon. The name is thought to be derived from the obsolete Anglo-Saxon personal name Pægan and the Old English tūn (town, settlement, village).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Payton? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Payton
Contribute your knowledge to the name Payton
- Comments and insights on the name Payton: | Edit
A traditionally masculine name adopted by parents who wanted their daughters to get teased in school.
- Personal experiences with the name Payton: | Edit
my new born niece is named Payton, i haven't met her but i'll meet her soon
- Nicknames for Payton: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Payton: | Edit
Irish name meaning noble
Latin meaning regal
English meaning fighting man's estate
A Pictish form of Patrick
- Famous real-life people named Payton: | Edit
Walter Payton, NFL player
Payton Ackerman, Dancer featured on Lifetime reality TV show, Dance Moms
- Payton in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!