Pelagia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Pelagia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Pelagia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Pelagia
- Comments and insights on the name Pelagia: | Edit
It is pronounced pel-ah-YEE-ah in Greek.
- Personal experiences with the name Pelagia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Pelagia: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Pelagia: | Edit
This is a Greek name derived from the word "pelagos," meaning "of the sea." It is used in Greek, Russian, and Polish.
- Famous real-life people named Pelagia: | Edit
Saint Pelagia of Antioch
Saint Pelagia of Tarsus
- Pelagia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sister Pelagia, heroine of novels by Boris Akunin
Pelagia, a character in the novel and film Captain Corelli's Mandolin